Biceps Exercises for All
Close grip chin up:
- Grasp the fixed overhead bar with a close underhand grip so that your palms are facing towards your torso.
- Hang freely so that your arms are fully extended and ankles crossed behind you.
- Pull up your torso while keeping it straight until your head reaches the level of pull-up bar.
- While doing this, remember to keep your elbows close to your body and use biceps muscles to lift your torso.
- Hold for a second and slowly lower your torso back to the initial position.
- You can also hold the dumbbell between your crossed ankles or can tie weight plates to your waist.
- Repeat 3 sets of 8-10 reps each.
- Hold the barbell at a shoulder width grip with your palms facing forward.
- Keep your torso straight with your elbows close to it.
- Contract your biceps to curl the bar from the hip area towards your upper chest.
- Pause for a second to squeeze your biceps at the top and then slowly return the weight to the initial position. You can also use EZ-bar to take it easy on your wrists.
- Repeat for at least 6-8 reps in each of the 4 sets.
- Reverse barbell curl:
- Hold the barbell at shoulder width with your palms facing downwards and elbows close to the torso.
- Curl the bar while contracting your biceps until the bar is at shoulder level.
- Pause for a moment and then slowly bring back the bar down to initial position. You can also use EZ-bar to take it easy on your wrists.
- Repeat for 7-10 reps in each of the 3 sets.
Incline dumbbell curl:
- Take an incline bench and sit with a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing forward.
- Lean back on an incline bench by keep your elbows close to your torso.
- Hold the upper arm stationary and lift the dumbbell upwards while contracting your biceps until the dumbbell reaches to almost shoulder level.
- Hold that position for a second and then slowly lower down the dumbbells to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 8-10 reps each.
One-arm dumbbell preacher curl:
- Sit on a preacher bench and grab a dumbbell in the right arm & place it on the top of the preacher bench.
- Lower the dumbbell slowly until it is extended so that the biceps are fully stretched,
- Now, curl the dumbbell up using your biceps until it is fully contracted. The dumbbell should be a shoulder height.
- Squeeze the biceps for a moment and then slowly lower the dumbbell.
- Repeat for at least 8-10 reps in 3 sets each.
- After completing switch the sides and do with other arm.
- Sit on a flat bench and spread your knees in somewhat ‘V’ position.
- Hold the dumbbell in one arm and let it rest against the inner thigh on the same side for support. The arm holding the dumbbell should be straight.
- Curl the dumbbell up towards your chest slowly by using your biceps muscles.
- Hold the contraction for a moment and slowly lower the dumbbell back to the initial position. Remember not to swing your arms.
- After completing the repetitions with one arm, repeat the movement with another arm.
- Repeat for 10-15 reps in each of 3 sets for each arm.