Green tea is made from the Camellia sinensis leaves, which undergo a process f withering and oxidation. Green tea is loaded with various nutrients and antioxidants and is considered as one of the healthiest beverage on the planet. It has many benefits some of which we will discuss here. It improves the function of brain, lowers the fat store in the body, lower the risk of cancer, etc. Green tea contains an antioxidant known as epigallocatechin-3 gallate that is beneficial in the treatment of various diseases. Let us discuss various such Benefits of Green Tea.
Truly Essential Health Benefits of Green Tea
- Improves brain function: Caffeine present in green tea blocks an inhibitory neurotransmitter called Adenosine. Thus, it actually raises the firing of neurons and the concentration of neurotransmitters like dopamine and norepinephrine. Green tea also improves the mood, reaction time, vigilance and memory. Besides, L-theanine present in green tea increases the dopamine and the production of alpha waves in the brain.
- Cuts cancer risk: As per the National Cancer Institute, the polyphenols in green tea are responsible for its anti-cancer properties. EGCG along with other polyphenols, combats free radicals and thereby protect the cells from DNA damage that is caused by the reactive oxygen species. Green tea polyphenols can also modulate the immune system function. Some other study showed that green tea prevents the variety of cancers such as skin, lung, liver, breast colon and pancreas.
- Improves heart health: Green tea possess ACE-inhibiting properties, which help in increasing the amount of blood your heart pumps and lowers the blood pressure. As per one study published in the journal Chinese Medicine, many of the beneficial biological effects of flavonoids on heart health seem to be due to cell-signaling effects that lowers inflammation. Flavonoids in green tea are antithrombogenic, anticancer, antidiabetic and neuroprotective.
- Weight loss: Green tea improves the metabolism. The polyphenol found in green tea works to intensify the levels of fat oxidation and the rate at which your body turns food into calories.
Benefits of Green Tea for Skin
- Anti-aging: The catechin polyphenols in green tea helps in neutralizing the oxidants or free radicals present in the body. The most powerful antioxidants called epigallocatechin gallate is highly responsible for the antioxidizing effects. Thus, regular consumption of green tea can effectively delay the signs and symptoms of aging.
- Improves dental health: As per some studies, catechins in green tea can kill bacteria and inhibit viruses like the influenza virus, potentially lowering the risk of infections. Streptococcus mutans is the main harmful bacteria in the mouth. It causes plaque formation and is a leasing contributor to cavities and tooth decay. Catechins in green tea can inhibit the growth of streptococcus mutans. Thus, green tea consumption is associated with improved dental health.
- Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s: Japanese researchers found that green tea catechins reduced the level of damaging free radicals in the brains of rats in one study. The green tea rodents showed much less plaque-induced deficits in memory compared to rodents that didn’t receive green tea and those that were infused with beta-amyloid proteins. As per many scientists, antioxidants flavonoids may also protect the brain from oxidative stress.
Benefits of Green Tea in Diabetes
- Control diabetes: The alkaline nature of green tea helps to reduce the blood glucose level, provided not taken with sugar. Further the antioxidant and astringent qualities of green tea ensure good health and better functioning of the pancreas. Improving the function of the pancreas means a more efficient and regulated secretion of insulin and the subsequent improvement in decomposing and absorbing of sugar. This increase in effective functions can help prevent the onset of diabetes.
- Help relieve arthritis: EGCG limits the production of certain molecules in the body that can lead to inflammation and arthritis pain. Green tea helps in improving the health of the bones and cartilage. As per the Arthritis Foundation, EGCG present in green tea is 100 times more effective than vitamin C & E, when it comes to offering the antioxidant benefits during arthritis.
- Improves vision: As per the study published in the February 2010, catechins in green tea may help in protecting the eyes from oxidative damage and vision loss. Scientists found the evidence that catechins can pass from the digestive tract of rodents to the tissues of their eyes and reduce oxidative stress for up to 20 hours after digestion.
These are Truly Essential Health Benefits of Green Tea For Skin, Hair And Health. I hope you like this if you like this facts please share it.